9to5Mac last night released some juicy details and images of what they expect iOS 7 to look like. Stopping just short of posting actual screenshots (apparently Apple embeds watermarks in screenshots generated from beta versions of iOS) of the new version of iOS, they did post some great mock-ups that they designed – based on what they saw when they got to play with a beta version of iOS 7. They’re beautiful.
There’s more after the break.
Notably lacking is there rumored “black and white” design that they previously claimed would be the new look of iOS. Instead, we’re treated to an amazing variety of colors, shown through new flat icons and a striking – incredibly modern – look.
They did notice a number of other changes, though:
- iTunes is Purple-ish with white (iSync-like arrows instead of a music note).
- Camera is Gray gradient and icon is same shape as you see on the lock screen
- Facetime is like it used to be without the gray. and flat.
- The Maps icon is a different place. Perhaps near the Spaceship campus?
- Compass icon is darker and flatter.
- Safari icon is like the Mac circle icon without the silver frame.
- Photos icon is a color wheel
- Game Center is similar to the photos icon – totally different than before.
Head over to 9to5Mac’s post for full information on what they saw in iOS 7.